top of page
Holiday Destination

A Few Words About Travel Documents and Travel Protection! 

Travel Documents: 

Close Loop Sailings (Such as this cruise departing and returning to Galveston): Only a paid passport (unless noted below) or other WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative) compliant document will be accepted for entry or re-entry in the United Staes.  


U.S. Citizens on closed-loop cruises (this cruise) will be able to enter or depart the U.S. with a valid passport, U.S. Passport Card, U.S. or Enhanced Driver’s License, or Trusted Traveler Program Card such as a Nexus Card, Sentri Card or Fast Card. In the absence of any of the documents listed above, guests will be required to present BOTH an identification and citizenship document from each of the lists below in order to embark on Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas. The name on both documents need to match the name on the cruise line reservation. If it does not as a result of marriage or divorce, guests will need to provide they state, county or provide issued marriage license or divorce decree. Guests who legally change their name will need to present a court document.  


Closed-looped Identification Documents: 

  • Laminated driver’s license or identification card issued by federal, state, provincial, country, territory or municipal authority. 

  • All identification documents must have a photo, name, and date of birth. 

 Alien Registration Card

U.S. Lawful permanent residents will continue to be able to use their Alien Registration Card issues by the Department of Homeland Security or other valid evidence of permanent residence status to apply for entry to the United States.  


Card renewal is an important matter. ARC holders (United States permanent residents) with expired cards may be considered “out of status” and may be denied entry / reentry into the United States. If your ARC was issued over 10 years ago, you should check the expiration date on the front of the card. If your card is expired, or is about to expire, you should renew your card before you sail.  


If you are holding an old edition ARC WITHOUT an expiration date, you will not be detained from entering the United States, but U.S. Customs and Border Protection highly suggests that you apply for a new card before you sail.  


Our Recommendation

Royal Caribbean strongly recommends that all guests travel with a passport that is valid for at least six (6) months beyond the end of their cruise. This greatly assists guests who may need to fly out of the United States to meet their ship at the next available port should they miss their scheduled embarkation in a U.S. Port; guests entering the U.S at the end of their cruise; and guests needing to fly to the U.S. before their cruise ends, because of medical, family, personal or business emergencies, missing a ship’s departure from a port of call, involuntary disembarkation from a ship due to misconduct, or other reasons.  


More information may be obtained by contacting Warren and Ellen Porter, DreamVacations at or 713-481-0601.  


Travel Protection "FEEL AT EASE...." 

You may purchase travel protection on your own, through Royal Caribbean or through our Travel Agency. 

A note about Royal Caribbean travel protection... 

We know that some reassurance is more important than ever when it comes to your vacation. That’s why we’re excited to announce Royal Caribbean is expanding the Royal Caribbean Travel Protection Program with enhanced benefits. When you purchase this enhanced travel protection, you will enjoy increased benefits, coverage and non-insurance features with no increase in plan pricing.



If you need to cancel, the plan will now cover 90% (formerly 75%) of the unused portion of the cruise, no matter what comes up.



If you or someone in your party gets sick or injured during their vacation, the plan reimburses up to $25,000 for medical expenses (formerly $10,000) as well up to $50,000 for emergency transportation by air or land (formerly $25,000). *Underwritten by Arch Insurance Company.



Your bags are covered. The plan will reimburse their lost, stolen or damaged luggage up to $1,500 and up to $500 for covered replacement items if they’re delayed. *Underwritten by Arch Insurance Company.



No matter where you are, no matter when you need the plan, the plan is here to help with travel changes, lost documents, cash transfer and more.*Services provided by CareFree Travel AssistanceTM



If you miss the ship, the plan will reimburse you up to $500 for covered travel expenses for them to meet us at the next port.*Underwritten by Arch Insurance Company.


One extra benefit is that we, Warren and Ellen Porter, Dream Vacation, are your travel protection advocates to ensure you get the service you need, when you need it.

Reach us at or 713-481-0601.


bottom of page